We should say…expands & rebrands!
Hello, hello to all of you! Wow – this day has finally come and I’m doing the biggest happy dance ever – in my imagination, that is, as those who know me well can attest I have zero talent in the dance moves arena. All of you can dance for me and we’ll call it a win!
LJ has big news to share: WE BOUGHT A BUILDING AND ARE EXPANDING!! Woot woot!!! After much debate and years of looking and researching options, all the pieces came together and my husband and I were able to purchase a building in Tremont earlier this year. It’s been a whirlwind of dreaming, designing, and the dreaded B-word (budgeting, have mercy) but we are finally to a point where we can share what we’ve been up to!
Here’s the scoop:
I was born and raised in this little town, and while I love visiting larger cities, there’s no place like home. I love so many things about a small town atmosphere – MY small town’s atmosphere.
- I love the fact that when I’m crossing the street, friends stop to chat as they drive by. Even if it stops traffic for a bit.
- I love that sweet Kim at the village hall always has a smile and a happy greeting when we arrive at the same time in the morning.
- I love that Perdue’s is here and their staff who spoil myself and my team rotten with lunch deliveries. Our team favorite is the buffalo chicken wontons – you might need to go get some!
- I love that we walk to the post office, and that we know everyone by name at the bank.
- I love that our village leaders are so supportive of our small business and have been beyond encouraging. I can’t say thank you loud enough!
- I love that Greg, our accountant, can walk down the street for a meeting a few minutes after we call. Sorry, Greg, maybe I shouldn’t advertise that. Haha!
- I love that we have Eli’s – ’cause who doesn’t love coffee? Team LJ is powered by it! Weston and Rachel, you have such a good thing going!
- I could go on and on, but the message is I am BEYOND happy to be able to grow right where we are! Simply said, it’s where my heart is.
Our new location is right next door to our current studio on Sampson Street. How awesome is that? Take a look at the before pictures, because it’s not going to look like that for long! The LJ design team has been dreaming for a while now, and we’re so pumped to give you a sneak peak of our new, soon-to-be home. Follow along with us over the next few months for behind-the-scenes pictures and progress. #stylingupsampson might be a hashtag you want to follow. To top things off, we’re getting a new street with charming street lights, green spaces, and one of my favorite parts – outdoor dining at Perdue’s. Ummm, YES!!!
To go along with our fresh, new building, we have a fresh, new brand for Louisa Jane! Our first brand saw a lot of growth over the years as Louisa Jane was molded and shaped into who we are now, and we are so excited for where this new brand will take us! A huge thanks to Tami and Grace for designing and creating the perfect new logo, branding package, and color palette. We love it and the team loves it! (Of course the men are pretty excited to have a “not-so-girly” look that’s T-shirt appropriate. Ha!) We love the clean, classic lines of it all and can’t wait for you guys to see our new logo on our new building, business cards, and of course, wear-ables! Well done, girls, well done.
Last of all, but most importantly, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! To each and every one of you who have followed along with and supported Louisa Jane. Never in a million years would I have thought when we were prepping for the first pop-up market 6 years ago, that we’d be here today. It’s incredibly humbling and overwhelming in the best of ways. So here’s to all of you, our customers and friends, our families, and our fabulous team at LJ. Louisa Jane wouldn’t be here without you, and we are forever grateful.