We know that finding the right piece of furniture for your space is important.
You will use them often and look at them even more. Because of this, we make it a priority that the piece of furniture meets two pieces of criteria: functional and beautiful. Sometimes, you just can’t find exactly what you are looking for, no matter how hard you try! This is when Louisa Jane’s design team steps in.
We love working with clients to design the furniture of their dreams! Here is the design process we use to figure out exactly what you are looking for:
- Purpose. What purpose will this piece serve? To answer this question, you should consider the size of the space it will be in, what specific kind of furniture you are looking for, and how you want it to function (swivel, rocker, recliner, etc).
- Style. This aspect of your custom design is focusing mainly on the frame/profile of your piece. Which look are you going for? Would a traditional piece look best in your home, or are you looking for something more minimalist? These factors will give direction for the overall frame of the furniture.
- Fabric. Which fabric would you like to cover your furniture? Consider not only which color palette would be best, but also the performance of the kind of material you choose. Polyester, linen, cotton, and leather are some of our favorite materials, but each one comes with its own set of pros and cons we can discuss together!
- Cushion. This is where the comfort element really comes in. Just like mattresses for your bed, everyone has their own idea of what the most comfortable is. This is the beauty of having furniture custom-built: you can have standard, spring down, ultra-plush, or whatever else your favorite cushion is!
- Details. These are the little finishing touches that truly make your piece your own. They add the character and charm to your finished product. This is where the nailheads, nailhead patterns, legs of your furniture, and other final decisions are made.
If you are interested in having a piece of furniture custom built, we would love to work with you! It is our pleasure to create furniture that is specific to your needs and taste. It thrills us to know we played a role in furnishing your home with pieces you love, as it provides the setting for lasting memories for you and your family for years to come.