We couldn’t be happier that warmer weather has come our way!
It makes us want to open up every window and let spring settle in. It also encourages us to get outside and get our yard whipped into shape, as well as dream up the perfect outdoor oasis to use this summer. Whether it’s for hosting a dinner party, a place to sip morning coffee, or a place to wind down at the end of your day, can’t we all imagine a peaceful outdoor setting to celebrate the warmer months?
The aim of an outdoor oasis is to create a comfortable and inviting area that is durable enough to withstand the great outdoors, but cozy enough to encourage lingering outside. Some of our favorite ways to accomplish this are:
- Installing a swing! We are loving the outdoor swings this season – especially bed swings! They are taking outdoor comfort to a totally new level, and we are here for it. Even if you don’t have much of a yard to create your outdoor oasis in, this swing would turn any porch into the kind of place you want to spend your spring days. Add some throw pillows and a cozy blanket to complete the look!
- Design an outdoor kitchen. This is one of our favorites! If you have the space, installing an outdoor kitchen is the perfect way to encourage gathering and good food in the great outdoors throughout the summer months. Or if you really want to bring the party, outdoor pizza ovens are so fun – often artfully crafted with brick or stone. We say it’s worth the investment!
- Frame the space with a pergola. Whether you have a simple seating area or a dining table with chairs, an outdoor pergola beautifully frames your outdoor oasis. There are so many stunning pergola designs, so you can find the one that best suits the style of your home. Pergolas also provide a great framework for draping material or stringing lights to add character and interest to your outdoor design.
- Install a fire pit. Most people have a fire pit of some kind, but you can really use them to create a focal point for your outdoor space by building in an elevated fire pit. There are so many creative ways to do this! You can choose brick, stone, metal, slate, or a variety of other materials to accomplish the look you are going for. Set a few chairs around it and you are positioned for a memorable spring evening.
- Pay attention to detail. Once you have a focal point and the basics of your outdoor oasis set in place, it’s time to move on to the details. This is what usually brings the comfort component, as well as some of that textural interest in your outdoor space. Think cushions, pillows, table runners, candles, and potted plants. As with most designing, the little things can often make the biggest impact and truly complete the space.
It makes us so excited to make memories outside this summer, as well as hear all of your adventures as well! Send us pictures of your outdoor oasis! We gladly welcome the warmer months with you all!