How do you spend these snowy, cozy, dark evenings of the winter?
We know, we know, everyone hates the winter, right? It’s so cold, and dark, and seriously…where is the sun?! We hear that everywhere, and we see it all over social media. And yes, we’ve even said it before on our own Louisa Jane platform.
But the more we think about it, winter gets a bad rap. Always. God made this season as well, and probably because He wants us to rest. Slowing down is not easy at any time, but somehow it comes more natural in the quiet months of winter. Staying in in the evenings is even more tempting, and curling up on the couch with a good book is not something you do in the summer!
We thought we would list some of our favorite Louisa Jane winter evening activities with those we love:
- Read a great book. You are shocked at this one, aren’t you!? But seriously, what better time to get lost in a book than at 8:00 in the evening when the sky is dark, the snow is softly blowing outside, and you’re wrapped up in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate?
- Build a fire. We know so many of you have amazing, stunning fireplaces that grace your living and family rooms. We urge you not to be lazy and let those fireplaces sit idle all winter. You will not regret the coziness of the moment – for those of us without fireplaces, we dream of this!
- Build a puzzle. We like to think we are more Team Puzzle rather than Team Movie. Why? You can have a conversation with those around you – bonding time as well as brain activity!
- Board Games. Did someone say game night?! Sign us up! We would totally be up for getting some friends together and playing board games well into the evening. This is what memories are made of!
- Don’t tell anyone…but work. Yes, many of these snowy, wintery nights are spent designing on our computers for our amazing clients. We aren’t always able to leave work at work…but the best part? We love what we do, and we love our clients, and this makes it all worth it.
So tell us, what do YOU do for winter activities? We would love to hear your ideas! We hope you are slowing down this season, and soaking up time with those you love.